January 30, 2008

I'd Love You To Love To Investigate

I finally heard back from the Fantastic people.

Annie's Inc. Customer Relations Associate (Fantastic is apparently owned by the Annie's Naturals folks) Rani Ponds said: "I just wanted to check in with you regarding the foreign object you found in your box of Vegetarian Chili...We would love to investigate the matter further." She went on to offer us a "care package" and a pre-paid UPS return label so I can send the candy and the original box back to them. "I apologize for any distress finding this foreign object may have caused you and thank you very much for notifying us...I can't imagine how this got through the process."

Does that sound sincere? I though it did, at first, but now I'm not certain. I'm sure every food company has to deal with their own Kentucky Fried rat or mouse in a Coke bottle scenarios, so I can understand why they would be sceptical. I'm eager hear what they have to say once they actually receive the caramel and the box. I of course saved them both, just in case they questioned the truthfulness of my own claim.

After this, and the "care package", I'm not sure I'll ever hear back from them though. I'll let you know if I do. In the mean time, ever wonder how likely you are to eat your friends? I mean in the un-likely event you find yourselves stranded in the wilderness without food, of course. Well, this will tell you exactly how likely. Myself, I'm 52% likely to eat my friends. I thought it would have been higher. So tuck that away in a little spare pocket of your brain and remember that it just may behoove you to make sure there's someone in the back seat should we be road-tripping it somewhere. May I suggest...Ken.

6 comments:

  1. I'd hate to be trapped and starving with you - I am only 28% likely to eat my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you are sick.. I'm only 24%. I know the question that put karen over to28%... sushi perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was kind of hungry when I took the quiz and you know what they say about grocery shopping when you're hungered. I guess you shouldn't shop for food or contemplate eating your friends on an empty stomach. I wonder if you have to wait 20 min. before swimming too. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so hungry right now I could eat a buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Andy was only 31%. You're going to go vegan soon too, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!