September 10, 2007

Sudden Serious Sweetness

Who has the coolest wife ever? I do, I do!

Let me tell you why. After coming in from mowing the lawn this weekend, all bummed out with a dead mp3 player in my hand, she looked at me and said: "Why don't we go look at those new iPods you've been talking about." I sort of thought she was just being mean at first. Like she was going to to crack herself up any second and then apologize for the bad joke; but she didn't. Instead, she completely stunned me by saying she'd like to trade a piece of jewelry, I surprised her with, for it. She was totally sincere too. I had recently given her a very pretty bracelet of fresh water pearls as a gift. You know, just for...because. Who doesn't like unanticipated gifts? She was very touched, I know. But after thinking about it for a couple weeks, she decided she wasn't going to wear it enough to keep. I honestly tried to talk her out of it too. Really, for all she does for us, she's deserving of a lot more than semi-precious. But the bracelet was silvery, rose and blue in hue and I think it was just a little to "girly" for her. And as they say, it's the thought that counts, right? I surely never would have predicted she's be so pleased by my intention alone that she would want to take back jewelry and buy me a present though. Go figure. It's Oh so O. Henry!

I don't know why, but I usually equate Karma with punishment, not reward. It really does go both ways though. It doesn't hurt to be married to such a genuinely unselfish woman either. The Mrs. did mention, however, that "this probably won't happen the next time" I decide to surprise her with a shiny adornment.

I wouldn't want it to. Thank You K. You're so awesome!



P.S. You were totally right. This iPod blows away the Neuros in every respect; and you know how geeked I was over that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from YOU!