May 22, 2007

New Car Scent

Check out the new whip. A far cry from the Corolla that's now history. We're rockin' the 17's shortys! Actually, it's a pretty sweet ride. And no, it is not a minivan. I've seen it referred to as a "microvan", but I prefer "urban people mover". The salesguy told us it's the preferred van design of Europe and Japan. I figured that was just a salesguy line. So I looked it up afterwards and found that these little motorcars have been big sellers East of the Americas since '99. With sport sedan performance, dual sliding doors and room for six, this ain't no Clark Griswold Wagonqueen Family Truckster, that's for sure. We splurged a little too; got all the bells and most of the whistles. Plus, it's got the "Zoom Zoom". That's Japanese for Fahrvergnügen.

Here's a funny little
commercial for it that runs overseas. I felt exactly the same way when I got home last night.

6 comments:

  1. oooohh, fancy! I have seen those little mazdas and think they are so cute...not sure if they would contain our expanding family though. How is the pick up on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They only make it with a 4cyl, (to keep the mpg higher) but the lil' gal does have pep. It doesn't have the room of a traditional MV, but it also uses less fuel because it's so much lighter. With 2 adults & 2 kids, there's plenty of room to spare. Which is perfect, should the T fam ever expand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. so you are considering expansion.. ??? I'd be interested to hear how that goes. Mr. Mad City Mount is sure he's not into the idea of being a family of 5, but Mrs. Mad City Mount hasn't decided for sure yet... as the babies get older I do fantasize about another.. until J/L start a scream fest then I'm ready to well... NOT have a family of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear that sister! My wife's been mulling it over since about, oh, a month after the girls were born though. She's crazy like that. 4 is a nice even number. I'm so happy with 4, but you never know. I just want to see what the "terrible twos" bring us. But I'm only getting older, you know? I don't really want to be a new dad at 40 or anything. So if we do decide, it would be sooner rather than later. You dig?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should all expand! Families of 5 are all the rage these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe for you folks over there on the left coast! We're a little more restrained here in the Midwest. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!