May 25, 2007

Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. Tomorrow is the MN bass opener. The real start of the fishing season. For me at least. I am so ready to get out on the water. Author Harry Middleton once wrote: "Fishing is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it." Middleton was a fly fisherman, but I know his reflection rings true for any ardent angler, technique notwithstanding. There' a lot more to the avocation of angling than Dr. Seuss would lead you to believe. Fishing is more than fish to me. It is more than amusement. It is not a leisure pursuit. For me, it is repletion.
"Some go to church and think about fishing,
others go fishing and think about God
."
- Tony Blake

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go fishing! I've only been once at K@r3n G's house in MI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. I've got the lake scouted out already. Folks have been finding some good sized bass there. The boat rental place opens at 7am. I was thinking maybe you should just skip that wedding on Fri. and drive straight to St. Paul instead

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!