November 22, 2006

Visually Correct

I had my eyes evaluated for Laser Vision Correction this week. I think we're both going to do it. In fact, when I give my name to the receptionist at check in, she says: "Oh, hi! I met your wife this morning. She was so nice. She already scheduled surgery, for both of you, for this Saturday. Hope your eval goes well."

I go through the battery of tests and examinations. My eyeballs were thoroughly poked and probed and rendered in 3D. But in the end, it did go well. The Doc said my eyes are perfect for the procedure. She gave me a 95-98% chance of 20/20 vision. Those are darn good odds to work with. Although, when I ask how many people end up with worse vision afterwards, she looks at me like she hasn't been asked that question before, and says: "Not many".

So, I'm back at the front desk to finish the paperwork and check out. That same receptionist is assisting me. She looks up and says: "There's a $100 deposit to hold your surgery slot. Your wife said you'd take care of that for both of you."

Thanks hon'. Who's your daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from YOU!