December 22, 2006

Turning Japanese

I was planning to give an update on my recent eye surgery. But, unfortunately, we had our first real snowfall yesterday. And as happens every first snow of the year, people around here forget how to drive. I'm not kidding. It's as if they've been hypnotized by some maniacal meteorologist and the falling snow triggers drivers into regressing back to an enraptured state. Mesmerized by the ice twinkles swirling around them, commuters everywhere were disregarding the task at hand and driving off the road; or into one another. There is no other explanation. But what does this have to do with the eyes? My follow-up evaluation with the optometrist was scheduled for yesterday afternoon. However, the thought of all those dumbstruck drivers operating their machines under the influence of...precipitation, caused me to re-think my plans and then re-schedule my appt.

So, with no office visit to write about, I gleefully take this opportunity to make note of the day that is December 22, 2006. Now, you're probably thinking to yourself, "Well duh, it's the Winter Solstice MT." Of course, you would be correct. And while that fact alone may make some folks' toes curl, this date also has another, equally rousing, distinction. For this day is the first ever, Global O For Peace Day. And when I say "O", I ain't talkin' about Oprah. The organizers, a couple from San Fransisco, say the goal of the O is: "to effect positive change in the energy field of the Earth through input of the largest possible surge of human energy, a Synchronized Global Orgasm."

Oh!

So my friends, on this day, I urge you all to think globally and peak locally. Get all Meg Ryan tonight and do your part(ner) for world peace. And yes, if you're wondering, even one person can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from YOU!