November 30, 2006

Slippery Slope

Anyone tried Line Rider yet? It's a little on-line Flash "toy" that has become a bona fide, world wide, phenomena. Supervisors across the country are cursing the day young Boštjan Čadež unleashed his class project on the masses. It's only been around for 2 months and already written up in Time. The idea is pretty simple: draw a line with a pencil from the top left corner of the screen to the bottom right. You're essentially creating a ski slope. When you think you're done, press the PLAY button. A little joyrider on a sled drops down and attempt to run the course you just created. It's a cute little time killer...at first. Then it gets serious. Then it becomes a compulsion. Go ahead, give it a try.

Now imagine coming up with something like this. That's serious physics folks. I have trouble keeping the little guy/gal from falling off a straight line.

5 comments:

  1. I think your blog is pretty cool. This slippery slope thing is going to get me in trouble. I have already spent a few hours tossing George W Bush around, now this! Thanks pal! The rest of my day is shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man.
    That Line Rider will eat up a lot of time. Watch out. That video blows me away though. I can't imagine how long it took someone to put that together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom spends a fair amount of time on Line Rider while he's in Asia... hmm I wonder if this is why he comes home late from work some nights too!! The cat's out of the bag now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wicked cool!! I can't even get the little guy to make it down on slope never mind that video! Wow!

    Pretty cool blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks cuz! I can't get that guy to ride for very long either. As soon as he builds up a little speed, he's done for.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!