September 23, 2009

Tender TV

After the local news last night, I was picking up a few toys and getting ready to head off to bed but still had the Late Show on the tube in the background. Dave set up a segment about some guy named "Ernie", which sounded like a skit, but I was just half listening. Anyhow, I couldn't believe what I heard. So much so, that I had to fire up the computer and Google this guys name, "Ernie Anastos", immediately.

Turns out Ernie's a TV anchor for WNYW, Fox channel 5, in New York. He's also an Emmy
award-winning newscaster who's been on-air since 1978 and, last Thursday night, he told the Fox meteorologist, Nick Gregory, to F a chicken on live TV.

"I guess it takes a tough man to make a tender forecast," EA said to NG, dropping a Perdue commercial reference that proves he was on air since the 70's.

"I guess that's me," awkwardly acknowledged Gregory.

Then, as the pair giggle away, Anastos says, "Keep f**king that chicken" and co-anchor Alexander just about explodes her head.

Priceless. The newsman has since apologized. But I want to thanks Mr. Anastos, as well as his supporting cast of Nick Greggory and co-anchor Dari Alexander (who really is the breakout star in this scene), for providing me with such a belly laugh, I was still crying as I fell asleep.

I'm sure this clip was viral by Friday but, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's Ernie who claims he said "plucking".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from YOU!