July 20, 2009

Jitterbugs



No summertime blues in our house though! In fact, we’ve been having a great summer. Busy and great. The littlest one of us is up and running and saying new words every week. She’s also gotten into dolls, which is super cute. It’s also very cheap for us since her sisters had a pile of them. She's also learned to scream quite effectively. Swimming lessons ended, we had a few mini-vacations and tennis starts next week. I’m prepping for a Serena/Venus type of thing to happen with that. Luckily, the taller girls have no idea what that means so the pressure is off…for now. A Mass. vacation is scheduled for next month and then the Mrs. signed the older two up for dance in the fall. I didn’t like that move. I’ve been subjected to several recitals in the past few years. While it’s delightful to watch your nieces and nephews up there in lights, the other 2 hours and 50 minutes can be dreadful. I’m sorry to all you dance recital people out there, I know it’s a lot of work, but many of those kids don't even look like they're enjoying themselves. And when the adult classes start their routines, things just get weird. However, I’ve been told that my older girls “want to be on stage”. So boogie on my tiny dancers! I will be there for every single step, ball change, arabesque and do-si-do and then, hopefully, Grand-Slam title.

Other than that, I’ve been taking care of the lawn and gardens and getting as much fishing in as I can. Mostly its in the hour I create by ending work early and before I need to pick up the girls. I think I was skunked only once this year so far. I’m really refining my technique, but learning new tricks regularly. I’m heading to Wisconsin to meet a good friend for a little bass fishing weekend this Friday, in fact. I’m so excited I’m having trouble sleeping. I’m not kidding. This is going to be a real fishing trip, a serious dusk to dawn sporting event, so there’s a lot to think about. I’ve been reading reports on-line and reviewing Google Maps every day. My buddy, Todd, has been talking to a dude from Chicago who does this Midwest fishing TV show and is very familiar with our destination, Lake Wisconsin. Thankfully, he had some great info to share and we've come up with a definite game plan with some very specific spots to hit. I think our pre-fishing strategery will pay off. Once there, I plan on tossing frogs in the slop and, since we’ll be boating it like the pros, some flippin’ and pitchin’ a jig and pig combo to isolated cover. Oh man, that gave me chills. I need to stop the sexy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear from YOU!