July 19, 2007

Tease

My good friend, and college roommate, has been in town these past couple days. It's been so great to catch up and hear about his growing family and growing business. He's really bad with emails and texts and phone calls and keeping in touch with his best friends, so there's been a lot to talk about. Andy works with trucks now. And I mean the big rigs, 18 wheeled tractor trailers. Breaker One-Nine, this here's the Rubber Duck, you got a copy on me A-Rod? 10-4 good buddy. There's a mama bear on your tail, you better get to double nickles. Copy that. I still picture Andy selling cashmere sweaters in the men's dept. of Nordstrom. He's not exactly the "trucker" type, but seems to really enjoy what he's doing. It cracked me up to be driving down the road with him as he pointed out the make of every semi we passed. It was sort of like Slug Bug except he didn't hit me, yelled "Peterbuilt" or "Kenworth" and was pretty much playing with himself.

So last night we're at the local pub. Andy's telling me all about his 2 beautiful children and the discussion he's having with his wife concerning the naming of their soon to arrive third. I always expected his kids to be little "Kjerstens" or "Gunnars" because he's such a Swedophile. But he has bestowed strong Irish monikers upon his progeny and it sounds like that will continue. But I'm not sure. You just don't hear the name "Fergal" now a days.

Although my friend never reads this blog, I know his lovely spouse does. That makes this next part a little awkward, but I feel I should mention something. I'm hesitant because I'm not sure if Andy's going to say anything to his wife about this or not; but he was totally getting hit on the whole time we were there. It wasn't entirely one sided either. Actually, the flirting started as soon as we sat down. "See anything you like?" our blond and well manicured server, in tight khaki shorts, said coyly as Andy perused the tap list. That question was posed twice. The second time, I don't even think we were looking at menus. It was not a subtle come on. I swear Andy winked at him during one exchange too. Our waiter must have been by the table 5 or 6 times before he checked in with the hetero couple seated next to us. "How does it taste?" he asked a few minutes after delivering our plates; a wicked grin upon his face. His eyes locked on Andy the whole time. He ordered the grilled salmon & penne with beans & carrots, on our server's recommendation, by the way. I believe he told the waiter it was "divine." I thought it best we leave before he had another 10% Belgian beer and things got weird.

It was nice not to see an engorged body part on our guest when he woke up this morning. I think our server, on the other hand, would beg to differ. Probably beg for a little slap and tickle while he was at it as well. Anyhow, thanks for stopping by buddy! Hope to hear from you at least one time before lil' Fergal is born.

7 comments:

  1. hahaha hysterical. I think this may be an ongoing 'problem' for mr. andy. ha Karen is well aware! hee hee Hmm... strong irish name for number three?? did he give up any hints? I HATE the waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall saying the dinner was "divine". However, I might have said "fantastic" or "fabulous" once or twice. Anyway, that is neither here nor there. As I told Matt that night, if a server flirts with you (regardless of their age, physical appearance or gender) it is always good to flirt back just a little. That way you get great service and sometimes a free drink or appetizer. As for the kids’ names, Matt said it sounds like Karen and I are creating an Oregon base faction of the IRA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, it was great seeing you again too. I promise to do a better job at staying in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really had no idea my husband was such a guy magnet! Oh, and I think I really like Fergel - have to add that one to the list. ;-) And Laura, I hate to say it, but I really think you are going to have to wait until December for this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, don't worry. Fergal it is. Andy had like 2 beers and he told me:

    Fergal Björnborg Mount if it's a boy.

    Fergal something else if its a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Andy, that is true. We had a friendlily and attentive server. Heck, if you had asked him to wipe the corner of your mouth after dinner, he would have done it. Might not have used a napkin, but he would have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEWWWW!!

    Matt.. hope you and your's are okay and were FAR FAR AWAY from the bridge when it went down!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!