January 09, 2007

Monkey Business

Celebrity Newsbreak !!!
The AP is reporting on 2007's first celebrity split. Former BFF's John Cusack (IMDB) and Jeremy Piven (IMDB) have apparently called it quits. (Hey Jealousy.) Thus ends an almost 30 year partnership. I actually like both of these guys. I thought it was pretty cool that they've been friends and acting comrades since their early days in Evanston, IL. where they both started out in the family run, Piven Theater Workshop. But I had to laugh when the article referred to Piven, completely un-punnily, as Cusack's "second banana." That is a dirty job and I wouldn't want to do it. Plus, I can see how it might cause a relationship to go limp.

Fun Fact: JP appears in the Paul Westerberg/Singles Soundtrack music video for Dyslexic Heart and JC is actually in the video for the Suicidal Tendencies song, Trip At the Brain.

2 comments:

  1. What's the deal with that freaky mouth on that bar guy in the video? Also, Cusack has a huge head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Westerberg video? I know, it's freaky. Like he's had the open end of a pint glass stuck in his face for the last 6 years.

    I thought you would have liked the Suicidal video!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear from YOU!